Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11 in 11

2011 is the year I keep my goals. It's decided, I'm doing it. No excuses. The difference this year is that they aren't specific goals I have to accomplish, but rather guidelines to live by. Here are my 11 goals for 2011:
1. Get Healthy
2010 was not a good year for me health wise, I was diagnosed with three, THREE, different disorders and I did nothing about them. Time to swallow my pride and fear and do something about it. I've made appointments and am following though. Not only that, but I've decided I need to start taking better care of myself, from my teeth (going to the dentist next week), to loosing a few pounds (getting back on the eliptical), to trying new things (yoga). I'm doing this!

2. Document Life
Everything from blogging more, journaling, taking pictures, these are the best years of life, I want to be able to remember them and show our kids what shennanigans we got into.

3. Be More Thrifty

I'm a thrift store junkie already, but this goal is more geared towards clothing. I want to add more thrifted and vintage pieces to my wardrobe and I've already designated Thrifting Days into my schedule!

4. Get Out Of Debt

I've been working on this one for a while, but its finally so close. I need to put a plug on my personal spending and focus on paying off debt. This is a scary time in the economy, and the thought of one of us losing our jobs gives me nightmares.

5. Fall More In Love

Next month Jake and I will have been together for 7 years. That is a looooong time. Not only that but with both of us working full time, and me going to school at night, its easy to get in a routine and forget how we used to be. I want to spend more time with my husband, just us two, and remember how silly and care free we used to be, I want to fall even MORE in love with him.

6. Organize

This one always puzzles me. I am a neat freak, a perfectionist, and a planner from hell, but can I organize my life or keep a schedule? No. I want to organize my life, not in a scary way, but in a grocery shop on Sundays way, do laundry on Fridays way, this drawer is for this way, and that closet space is for that way. I'll need to con the husband into helping out with this one.

7. Cook More

We used to eat homecooked meals ALL the time, but with work and school its been impossible lately. We need to get back in the swing of things though, it kills two birds with one stone, we eat at home, and we save money. I also want to bake more, especially, I want to learn to make pie crusts!

8. Make Things

When school starts up again, the first thing to always go is my craft time. But it happens every year, I start getting antsy if I don't make something, sew something, crochet something, I need to "organize" some craft time into my schedule!

9. Travel Out of State
One thing Jake and I have always wanted to do is travel before we had kids, and while the time is getting closer to finally starting our own family, we still haven't traveled much outside of Mexico, Vegas, and Montana. We are seriously considering a trip up the West Coast.

10. Graduate College!

I can't believe I can finally say, "I graduate college THIS year." No more in a few years, no more next year, its THIS year! I am out of my mind estatic for this, its one of the hardest things, no probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do in life, and I can't wait to be done!

11. Personal Secret!
This one is secret for now, I'll disclose when/if it happens!

No comments: