Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History In The Making

I need to take a moment to stop and take this all in.
Today is day for the history books. Not only did we
just elect our first black president, but we elected
someone who FINALLY will lead the US to greatness.

This has been a long time coming, and I think the
whole world partakes in our excitement today. The
world looks bright and hopeful again. We feel like
we can achieve anything again!
My parents came to this country to achieve The
American Dream, and after so many years of it
being a nightmare for some, it seems achieveable
once again!

Jake and I are in a scary situation right now, we
are in the middle of purchasing a house and people
are being laid off at Jake's work; all hope felt lost,
but starting today, it seems so much brighter. I am
not afraid anymore, because I know Barack Obama
will not let us down.

I know he cannot do it alone and I am prepared to
help in anyway I am asked to. For once in my life
I feel proud to be an American and I feel patriotic,
and I feel hopeful for my future!

No comments: