Monday, January 11, 2010

52 Books in 52 Weeks

Last year my friend Leanne and I started a very informal book club. It began with the Twilight Series, where she quickly developed and over-obsessive-extremely-hilarious-slightly-psychotic-love for Edward. We read all four books multiple times and Midnight Sun lots and lots of times, if you haven't read it yet, get it HERE Its basically the first half of Twilight written from Edward's perspective. Its divine, you'll swoon, I promise.We then moved on to the Sookie Stackhouse series also knows as the Souther Vampire series. This is the show HBO recently picked up in their TrueBlook series. I promise, the books are MUUUUUCH better, I watched season 1 and althought I didn't like it, of course I have to keep watching it. You start creating a relationship with the characters and can't enough until you find out every bit of info on their lives, not to mention Bill is hot in the show, even though I am definitely Team Eric in the books.

Eventually our book club morped into a vampire obsession. We were reading books like crazy and it seemed some times 2 or 3 books a week. Then school started, and jobs happened, and life got in the way, and slowly we read less and less, but 3/4 of the way through 2009, we readjusted our book lists and vowed to read at least 52 books in 52 weeks, and we did! That is an average of one book a week. Below is a list of the 52 books I read in 2009 and I am already on my second book for 2010.
I have also recruited my husband to join the club. I don't think he's quite as avid a reader and probably won't get the 52 books, but we're shooting for 20 : )

Twilight Series:
1. Twilight
2. Eclipse
3. New Moon
4. Breaking Dawn
5. Midnight Sun – Partial

Sookie Stackhouse Novels:
1. Dead Until Dark
2. Living Dead in Dallas
3. Club Dead
4. Dead to the World
5. Dead as a Doornail
6. Definitely Dead
7. All Together Dead
8. From Dead to Worse
9. Dead and Gone
10. A Touch of Dead

The Immortals After Dark Series:
1. Playing Easy To Get
2. A Hunger Like No Other
3 No Rest For The Wicked
4. Wicked Deeds On A Winter’s Night
5. Dark Needs At Night’s Edge
6. Dark Desires After Dark
7. Kiss of A Demon King
8. Untouchable

Vampire Diaries:
1. The Awakening
2. The Struggle
3. The Fury
4. Dark Reunion

Lords of the Underworld:
1. The Darkest Night
2. The Darkest Kiss
3. The Darkest Pleasure

Cutler Family Saga
1. Dawn
2. Secrets of the Morning
3. Twilights Child
4. Midnight Whispers
5. Darkest Hour

The Casteel Series:
1. Heaven
2. Dark Angel
3. Fallen Hearts
4. Gates of Paradise
5. Web of Dreams

Dollanganger Family Series
1. Flowers in the attic
2.Petals in the Wind

The Little Goddess Series:
1. Vulnerable
2. Wounded

The Darkest Power Series:
1. The Summoning

Immortals Series:
1. Evermore

Standalones:
1. Peace Like A River
2. Pygmy
3. My Sweet Audrina
4. Good In Bed
5. I, Lucifer
6. Lust

What have you read lately? I need suggestions for 2010.

No comments: