Friday, July 18, 2008

New Frontiers

I ventured into new and unknown territory this past weekend. I received some beautiful felted beads from HandBEHG and decided to make some earrings, and a few necklaces. I have to say I was very surprised at how difficult it was! I now have an even GREATER appreciation and admiration for all the fabulous jewelry artists on Etsy! Its hard work what they do!


So this weekend I made two necklaces: a simple one with ribbon and beads, and a more complicated one with ribbon, beads, felted balls and chain. It was so pretty and I wish I would have taken a picture (I'll post it later). I showed my little sister, who is my toughest critic and to my surprise she loved it - so I gave it to her.

The necklaces will have to be my next project but, what I want to show you now are the earrings! My good friend Maisy from Etsy, encouraged me to list them, so they MIGHTgo up this weekend...if I don't chicken out!

She gave me some awesome tips on wire wrapping and how to use the pliers, so I hope I can master it! I gotta say though, its not as easy as it looks! And Maisy has A LOT more experience than I do. If you haven't already, check out her shop - it's absolutely fabulous!!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

And now for a display as to how a professional does it...

Sodalite drops - Maisyh


Cherry Flower Earrings - MCNovelties


I HEART white howlite brushed sterling - MCNovelties

**************************

If you haven't already, head on over to her shop, its filled with eye candy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mav! Why you sneaky little minx... Aww, shucks (bashful foot swinging :) Seriously, it's a fantastic first effort - and Handbehg do a great mix of colours in their bead packs, so you'll find lots of inspiration. Can't wait to see the necklaces - and of cousre these earrings IN YOUR ETSY SHOP!!! xo